TO KNOW AND KNOW NOT
What my mum really likes are double-face clothes. I think it's just because she's always the first to find out.
What my mum really likes are double-face clothes. I think it's just because she's always the first to find out. She says you can use them at least twice before washing them and if you ruin one side there's always another one left. She says it's much harder to get tired of them. She looked so triumphant as she discovered a double-face pullover in my suitcase It's double-face, I bet you didn't know! she exulted and, true, I didn't. Then, late at night, I found her bent on her crossword puzzle.
- What's up, mum, can't fall asleep?
- Nope. Missing one word.
- And must wait for a week now?
- No, could never wait so long. I only buy the ones where all the solutions are upside down on the last page.
- So go and look!
- I just go when I'm really-really sure I don't know.
- Come on! Which word is it?
- 17-Down: The most numerous multicellular animals on earth
- How do you know?
- Been studying them for the last 16 years, mum. PhD and so on, you know... Good night mum".
At my parents' place, La Spezia (Italy), Summer 2015